Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Many of our evening meals were at the various restaurants located around the historic “Zocalo,” a classic Spanish city square with old buildings surrounding a beautiful park filled with immense trees, gardens, sidewalks for sauntering, benches for resting and relaxing, people playing music or speaking out about some important issue, and of course the ever-present locals selling every kind of local handcraft you can think of.



It was wonderful to sit there, enjoying the sights, eating the delicious foods of Oaxaca (ever hear of “tuna” sorbet? or “chapolines”--which are grasshoppers in Spanish?!), and soaking up the unique atmosphere of this Mexican state.


(I didn't have a good close-up of grasshoppers--so I settled for this one of Bryce eating fried worms instead!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home