Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

We cut rebar, stretched the rebar, pounded the rebar to make it flat, bent the frames that help to from the tall columns, hand-twisted wire to every connection point between the rebar and the frames, and were pleased to see an amazing amount of progress by our last day of work.





We worked with a group of men who came from a small Covenant church in a pueblo up in the mountains for their week of volunteer help on the project. What a time we had, trying to learn their methods and procedures for the work! We laughed a lot, trying to acquire new skills and to receive their instruction. All six of us on our team definitely grew more adept at our tasks as the week went on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home