Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Of course, once again the relationships that were built between the Oaxacan Covenanters and our team were the most meaningful and significant aspect of the trip. We experienced so much together, day after day, lifting and twisting, cutting and bending, hauling and unloading, squatting and sweating, eating lunch together, as more and more rebar foundation was laid down and column after column were carried, lifted, and secured, rising into the air.


We were also fortunate to see the special bricks arrive at the site for the outer face of the building.

Our team’s project money provided the funding for these, so it was especially fun to see them all stacked and ready for future use, after we’re long gone.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home