Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Monday, June 12, 2006






Photos: scenes from my “farewell” today. I received a certificate from Bridges for my volunteer work, a book about Israel, and more kind words and thanks than I felt I deserved! Because I have only done what I thought every volunteer does: serve in their area of ministry with joy, eagerness, and a willing spirit--to do anything that is needed or asked of them. James shared how, when he first saw my application, he shook his head and wondered what he would ever do with this “pastor” who was coming to work with the home repair team; how he would have to be careful, watch his behavior, guard his tongue, on top of having to provide jobs for someone with no skills at all for the ministry! But I surprised him! And we are now the best of friends, as well as home repair team buddies, and brothers in Christ. The last picture is of me receiving the Aaronic Blessing from Eli, a Jewish believer and coworker, in Hebrew.

“The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.”

Peace. SHALOM!

And from the City of Peace, Yerushalayim:

SHALOM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home