Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Saturday, May 20, 2006






Photos: 1,2. the huge poles and stones from En Kerem that we cut down and piled up a few weeks ago, arriving at BFP headquarters where they will be re-used in the “Land of the Bible” exhibition 3. exterior of Narkis St. Congregation--the building is used by a Russian-speaking congregation, Hebrew-speaking congregation, Baptist congregation, and international congregation all weekend long. 4. one of the stained glass windows at Narkis St. Church: the parable of the sower. The colored panels are high up in the windows around the top of the sanctuary. 5. me with Kay Munayer, who got me loads of olive wood souvenirs and gifts directly from the Bethlehem factory at incredibly low prices! The 30% profit that she makes goes into a Palestinian assistance program called The Sheperd’s Society. I spent over 800 shekels!

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Hey Dan, I haven't written (but I was here when Tyler sent you a message) but I have really enjoyed following your adventures. I do appreciate the time you spend filling us all in on your activities. You continue to be in my prayers and we do miss you!
P.S. It's rained all day today. Crazy Spring Weather!!

Love,
Sandra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home