Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Saturday, May 20, 2006






Photos: Last Sunday, my friends Trystan and Cynthia and I spent four whole hours at the southern wall excavations of the Temple Mount, a place I wrote about earlier in this blog. However, on that other visit, with Larry and Mary, we had very little time to explore the site, and it was rainy and cold. Last Sunday was sunny and very warm, and with headsets to tell us about the site, we checked out every inch of this incredible archeology park. I don’t know if Trystan and Cynthia will ever want to tour around with me again, but we did have a great time together! 1. me next to the southern wall, almost at the southwest corner 2. me in the ruins of a Byzantine home that was part of a community built on the site in the 4th-7th century A.D. 3: the mosaic floor of one of the houses--notice the cross in the middle of the pattern 4: Trystan and Cynthia in “Mazar’s Gates,” the entrance from one part of the southern wall to the other 5: me in front of the bit of the Double Gate that once was the entrance and exit to the Temple Mount at the time of Christ. I’m standing above the steps that led to the Temple Mount as well. The wall on the left conceals most of the two gates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home