Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Saturday, May 20, 2006






Photos: 1. installing a new door and frame in a Jewish home 2. me helping to repair a roof 3. James and Robbie repairing the roof 4. me painting steel window protectors, to keep children from falling out of an apartment. We weld them together in our home repair workshop. 5. a tour group came to visit Bridges and wanted to “work for the Lord.” They helped pack boxes of goods for the food bank. If I can get a small group from Hilmar Covenant who want to come and tour Israel, combined with a “missions” emphasis, we can volunteer with BFP too. I hope this can happen; I know I will want to return as soon as possible, once I have to leave this wonderful ministry of Bridges For Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home