Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Saturday, May 20 - Shabat shalom! I’m home from the international church that I attend on Saturday mornings, Narkis Street Congregation. And today I met a member there who grew up in Stockton, spent 7 years nursing his mother in Modesto, and whose sister worked at Emmanuel Hospital in Turlock for years! He asked about the cheese company too; he’s eaten lunch there. What a small world...

This blog is going to be a simple smögåsbord of pictures of things I do and the people I share life with here in Jerusalem. I hope you enjoy them!

Be’vakasha!






Photos: 1. me and a Jewish woman, Sarah, in her freshly painted living room 2. painting the “nicotine house!” Compare the yellowish wall with the cleaner streaks where the smokey nicotine has been wiped away--gross! And then there is me, painting white over the whole thing. It has been 20 years since these rooms were painted, and the whole family smokes. Imagine the layer of crud we had to deal with! 3. me with two of the “nicotine” family, Bella and Tal 4. me painting a lovely pink bedroom! 5. me with the “pink” family (I didn’t get their names)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home