Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Monday, June 12, 2006






Photos: 1: ME, in Hezekiah’s Tunnel! When I did this walk in 1992, I got claustrophobia for the first time in my life and had the most frightening experience I’d ever encountered. When I came to Israel this spring, I vowed that I would conquer my fear and walk through the tunnel again. I did, yesterday, Sunday, June 11! And it was a blast! The tunnel is the one you read about in Scripture (II Kings 20:20; II Chron. 32:30) which Hezekiah built to bring water from the Gihon Spring into the city of Jerusalem to the Pool of Siloam in preparation for the Assyrian seige. 2: the midpoint of the tunnel, where the two teams of workers, digging from both directions, finally met--and completed the tunnel! 3: me at the end of the tunnel, near the Pool of Siloam 4: the newly uncovered and much larger Pool of Siloam 5: south tower of the City of David, dating from the Second Temple period, and our tour guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home