Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Monday, June 12, 2006






Photos: 1: the very place where Jesus was born (supposedly!) 2: the home of my coworker, Yosef Benisho, in the West Bank settlement of Adora (where four people were murdered by terrorists four years ago). This is his son, Jonatan, beneath their address! 3: Yosef, Ayala, and Jonatan in their front yard. They are visiting me in Hilmar next month! 4,5: Jordan River baptismal site where I baptized Kristy Gunn, the South African granddaughter of my dear friends and coworkers, Bob and Cilla. She started as a volunteer at the food bank the same time I began in home repair--and she asked me if I would do this for her! It was a privilege, and a way to keep a special connection with this family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home