Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

No way you can get lost, following ribbons like this!

One of the 12 stations on the "Spiritual Life Nature Walk"

Beauty is everywhere in the Sierras

A place to journal, meditate, and pray. Notice the "life pack" in Denise's hand.

The last station is a view of the "Promised Land." Retreatants are asked to consider if they are like the 10 spies who came back from Canaan, afraid, overwhelmed, and resistant to moving forward in life--or if they are like Joshua and Caleb, eager to march ahead and conquer and take possession of their own "land flowing with milk and honey!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home