Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"CULTURE IN WORSHIP"

I'm not finding much time to write my own blogs these days. Too many things to juggle in my life to be able to sit and think and write about things I feel strongly about. So instead, for this blogpost, I'm going to sent you to a link that is really interesting - and challenging! It is from two members of our Covenant worship leaders Facebook group, "Better Together." They wrote this week's blogpost for the Covenant website, WorshipConnect, and it expresses very well my own feelings/concerns/interest regarding multiethnic worship. I believe that we at Hilmar Covenant need to be wrestling with this issue much more than we are - and to consciously educate ourselves on the issue so we can embrace it better. Whether we like it or not, we are becoming an increasingly multicultural, multiethnic society and churches MUST reflect this reality better in the future if they are going to not only survive, but thrive. To ignore this reality and cling to a homogeneous mindset will be the kiss of death for churches. The cool thing about this link is that the blog also provides you with links to other stimulating locations (ex. our superintendent, Efraim Smith's, perspective on diversity and North Park's approach to multi-ethnicity in their worship life). And you can also comment on the article itself! Click ConversingOnCultureInWorship - and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home