Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Saturday, April 01, 2006






Photos: installing handrails for a Jewish woman and her elderly father: 1. hammering the supports into the ground 2. drilling holes to fasten the metal plates into the patio concrete 3. cementing one of the supports into place 4.taking a break and eating delicious “borekas” (phylo dough stuffed with cheese or spinach or chocolate, etc.)--Larry and Bob, two other volunteers on the home repair team, are on either side of me 5. me, with the grateful daughter and father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home