Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Saturday, April 08, 2006






Photos: 1: the wide Herodian street exposed at the southwest corner of the Temple Mount, with remains of the stores and shops on the left 2: the southwest corner itself; notice the size of the stones, and the clean carving of each surface 3: me at the “Hulda Gates”--the entrance up to the Temple Mount at the time of Christ! They were filled in at some point by Muslim rulers 4: Larry, Mary, and I in front of a pile of stones from the wall, stones that succeeding invaders pushed off from the top of the wall 5: me sitting on the remains of some of the shops along the street, with the remains of “Robinson’s Arch” above my head (from the archway over the street that was the walkway for the priests to enter the Temple Mount)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home