Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"INTERESTING!"
Two Links...

I had hoped to share some interesting thoughts and ideas this time from Tim Morey’s book, “Embodying Our Faith.” It is an insightful look at “church” today, and how the very young congregation that he pastors is approaching faith and ministry and mission in ways that are very engaging to those in our wider culture.

However, my life is kinda crazy right now, after a kinda crazy month of August (death of my aunt in Seattle, my mom’s broken leg and two scary stays in the hospital, arrival of our new transition pastor). I just haven’t had time to put together the things I want to share with you from Tim’s book.

Instead, in order to keep my blog alive and active, I’m going to put up two links to information that I recently found fascinating. The first one, “The Perils of Hipster Christianity,” generated quite a bit of dialogue when I shared it with a bunch of twenty-somethings on Facebook. The second one, “Open Source Church,” was a suggested read from Don Johnson, a pastor friend from Santa Barbara. It will shake up what you might be assuming about the Church right now--and where it is headed! Consider these links a kind of “wake up call” for all of us who are comfortable with the Christianity we’ve always known, grown up with, and assumed to be standard. How will we adapt to the changing face of our world, of ideas and processes, and of the Church itself? Consider this blog post an education in “Church Next!” Enjoy...

Perils of Hipster Christianity

Open-Source Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home