Jerusalem Sabbatical

I originally created my blog to post my reflections on my sabbatical experience in Jerusalem in 2006. I have also used it to post my thoughts and ideas about being a church for the next generation. Now I hope to use it to blog about my third time in Israel, volunteering with Bridges for Peace!

Friday, February 03, 2006

I received an interesting email from "Bridges For Peace" earlier this week, asking if I would be willing to switch from the Exra Project food distribution ministry to the Home Repair Team ministry! Doing wiring, plumbing, plastering, etc. to fix up the homes and apartments of Jewish families who can't afford it. I wrote back and said I am willing to do whatever they need me to do, but that I have very few maintenance/building skills (my brother, Don, got most of the "construction genes" in our family!). Actually, this would be more interesting and varied work, getting out all over Jerusalem and into the residences of the people, sometimes for days at a time for large work projects. I think the Home Repair Team would give me more opportunities to build relationships with the people, so I am ready to go ahead with this work, if BFP assigns me to it. Stay tuned for the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home